Muller Pipe Organ Company seeks to expand its team of talented and dedicated pipe organ builders and technicians. As our service business continues to grow, we need an experienced tuner/technician. Would you like to work with a fifth-generation company that prides itself on excellence of craftsmanship and customer satisfaction?
Muller Pipe Organ Company celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2019 (see February 2019 TAO article for more information). With many exciting projects in our past and future, Muller is well-positioned for continued growth. We utilize industry-leading techniques, blending traditional organbuilding practices with computer-aided fabrication. We pride ourselves on superior customer service.
- Relaxed yet focused work environment
- We believe in work-life balance
- Cross generational workforce: over half of our employees are under 40
- Over 250 service clients across seven states
- 10,000 sq ft, well-maintained facility
- CNC-equipped woodshop
- Member APOBA, ISO
We are looking for a well-qualified technician to lead a tuning team during the tuning seasons and assist with building and rebuilding projects throughout the year in our well-appointed shop.
Successful candidate must have the following qualifications:
- Experience tuning and servicing a wide variety of pipe organs as a lead tuner
- Experience with diagnostics and repair of a wide variety of actions and control systems
- Good interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability and willingness to travel for up to a week at a time during tuning season
Preference given to the following:
- AIO Member
- Training in organ performance
- Familiarity with organ repertoire
- Experience with woodworking, pipe repair, voicing, marketing, or sales
Muller Pipe Organ Company is located in Croton, Ohio, about 30 minutes from downtown Columbus. Approximately half of the population of the United States is within a day’s drive of our shop. This affords us incredible opportunities for growth and expansion.
Why should you apply?
- Opportunity to advance your career with an established and growing company
- Compensation higher than industry averages, and commensurate with experience and skill level
- Health care, retirement, and paid vacation
- Profit-sharing bonuses
We want to hear from you! Send a resumé with cover letter and salary requirements to:
Muller Pipe Organ Company, PO Box 353, Croton OH 43013 or email@example.com (Please, no phone calls or social media inquiries)